Monday 7 April 2014

I made a skirt!

 Hello everyone! Recently I have been inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee to become more craftier and useful in the sewing department. For this first attempt of an actual item of clothing (scary!) I used the tutorial here, its actually for a kids skirt but it really doesn't matter, I just nipped mine in at the sides a little to give it more shape and draw attention to your curves. 
 Being only 5 foot tall I usually find it near impossible to find clothes that fit me just right, everything is always way too long and waist bands just fall at the wrong places. This is part of the reason why I wanted to start making some of my own clothes and this first attempt was definitely a success! It fits me like a glove and isn't too tight due to the stretchy fabric and waistband.

I would love to know what you think of my creation? What should I sew next?

13 comments:

  1. this is so cute! I'd never guess it was home made, really like the print. would love if you could check out my blog :)

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The print is a lot bolder than what I'd normally go for but I really like it :) Lucy x

      Delete
  2. This is amazing, I can't believe it's hand made!x

    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Followed you on Bloglovin' :) Lucy x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wow, well done you wouldn't know this was hand made! I have actually just bought the book for my mum from Asda, you should check it out they have pattern templates and all sorts of useful tips for making your own clothes x

    p.s I deleted my first comment as it had spelling errors! haha I don't know why you can't edit them.

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow that sounds right up my street, I don't suppose you know the name of it do you? Don't worry, even the best of us make mistakes ;) hahah, Lucy x

      Delete
  5. That is so good, well done! x
    http://catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done it suits you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of this outfit. What a beautiful Skirt .Thanks for sharing a beautiful and high quality Information.everything looks so comfy!
    http://www.newvibe.ie/category/Women-Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel inspired! I love watching the great British sewing bee too. Fabulous work! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete