Monday 5 May 2014

Manicure Monday - Models Own speckled egg review


Hello everyone! Once again I'm a little late on the bandwagon so for that I apologise, however I had to share with you one of my recent purchases. Models Own released a collection of 5 pastel coloured 'speckled' polishes, they were released just in time for easter and are designed to look just like mini eggs (well... maybe not officially but whateves). Sidenote: This collection is virtually identical to Illamasqua's speckled collection but only a third of the price. Interesting.


I chose the colour 'Swan Lilac' which is a gorgeous pastel colour, perfect for spring/summer. The polish applied really well, I did do 3 coats which is unusual for models own, however I wanted to make sure it wouldn't chip easily. I normally find that nail polishes with bits in (technical terminology here of course) have a really horrible texture to them but this one doesn't at all, it feels really glossy just like any other polish which I love.

I took this picture on my phone this morning to show you them in natural light. So glossy! 
Overall I am really impressed with this polish and will definitely be purchasing one of the other shades.

6 comments:

  1. I love this shade, it looks so pretty! I really want to get one of these, but I cant decide whether to get one of these or one of the new Barry M nail varnishes, but I don't know what they're called, something aqua maybe, and they remind me of mermaids, which I love! But then these make me think of Easter which I also love! (well of course because chocolate!)x
    http://libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, it's lasted ages as well! I'm personally not a fan of Barry M at all so would choose Models Own all the way! Thanks for commenting :) Lucy x

      Delete
  2. I love Speckled nail varnishes. Have you tried Models Own Scented Nails? They're brilliant

    hcozens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually but I feel one of those may be next on my list! Lucy x

      Delete
  3. i love this color!

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete