Thursday 30 January 2014

A Night of Comedy - Review


 Hello everyone! Bit of a different kind of post today, I hope you don't mind (sorry if you do!). I was asked by my lovely bestio Amber to write a blog post about the show I went to see on Saturday night, and of course I just couldn't turn down such a good offer.

So to give a brief outline - Amber attends a group within the local thearte who help to organise, advertise and generally produce various different productions. They mainly focus on music events however this particular event was a live comedy evening.

The evening started off with 4 guys who have all acted at the thearte previously. They were all amateurs and as far as I am aware had never done stand up comedy before. Despite this they were all hilarious and had me in stitches right from the moment they walked on the stage.

I stole all of these pictures from the thearte's facebook page, sorry to whoever took them!

The main 'headliner' for the evening was a comedian named Sara Pascoe. Prior to this event I had seen Sara on a few different shows and was super excited to be seeing her live in my tiny town. Sara was just as great as I had imagined her to be, she was funny, relatable and even a little inspiring despite me having no aspiration to be a comedian!

Overall I thought the live comedy evening was extremely entertaining and a true credit to all the producers who helped to organise it. Well done guys!

2 comments: