Wednesday 29 January 2014

January Favourites 2014

 Hello everyone! First of all I'd like to apologise for not blogging in a few days (10 to be precise), I've been drowning in college work and simply haven't had time to take any photos! However today I am back with my very first favorites post, so lets get cracking! 



IT by Alexa Chung

I've read this book twice over the past month and I enjoyed it as much the second as I did the first. 'It' is a collection of Alexa's writing, doodles and photographs. Alexa uses the medium of words, doodles and photographs to tell stories about her early style icons, memoirs from events and even little snippets of advice such as 'How to get dressed in the morning' and 'the challenges of taking a good selfie', always good to know if you ask me. This book is super easy to read so even if you aren't into reading (like I am!) I would still highly recommend it.


Tartan Scarf
 (I found mine on a local market stall, however Primark do a similar one)

I'm pretty sure every man and their dog has a tartan scarf at the moment but tartan is a trend that I simple can not resist. I've worn this scarf pretty much everyday for sixth form since we went back after christmas, it is so versatile and goes with pretty much everything, the perfect acessory for an otherwise boring outfit. 



Davina Fit in 15


If you know me in real life then the chances are you are aware of how much hatred I have for physical exercise... basically if I have to walk for more than 10 meters I'm not interested. However for the past month me and my mum have been doing these 15 minute workouts a few times a week. They may only be 15 minutes long but by golly do you work hard in those 15 minutes! They slowly build in intensity throughout the duration and by the end I am usually collapsed in a heap on the floor. Nevertheless I have actually been really enjoying it, I feel fresh, de-stressed and I can also (slowly) feel myself getting some muscle definition despite not changing my eating habits in the slightest. If you are trying to get a little fitter for the new year then I strongly suggest buying this for a fun and quick workout.


Baby Lips Cherry

I'm sure you're all sick of reading about Baby lips, but nonetheless I thought I'd tell you all how much I've been loving the cherry flavour this month. Such a perfect everyday berry colour, it has been especially good at keeping my lips moisturised in the cold conditions.

Witch Blemish Stick

I'm usually fairly lucky in the skin department and only get a few small blemishes once in a while, however at the start of the month I had a major breakout! So I had a quick search through some blogs and found mainly positive reviews for this product and I was not disappointed. I kid you not within a day my spots were visibly reduced without drying my skin out like some blemish reducers have done. An all round winner if you ask me.


Maybelline Big Eyes

I actually only bought this mascara a few days ago but I can already tell that this is going to by my new holy grail mascara. I absolutely love the idea of having a separate, smaller, brush for my bottom lashes and I can't understand why more high street brands haven't invented this before now! I am thinking about doing a full review on this so let me know if you're interested in that.

Hope you enjoyed my first favourites post, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to purchase that Davina workout DVD for those days where it's too cold to leave the house! I'm yet to purchase Babylips, but the cherry one is what I intend on buying ASAP!

    xx

    fashionistadigital.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly the feeling and the Davina DVD really is perfect for that! I only have one other baby lips (peach kiss) but I definitely prefer the cherry one! Thank you for commenting :) x

      Delete